Poster Rigaer Str. – Berlin
The Poster Rigaer Strasse Berlin represents a part of the road Rigaerstr. in the district Berlin-Friedrichshain. The colorful house with a lot of graffitis called “XB-Liebig” or “Liebig34“. You can see many styles of architecture in this road. I drew directly on the area, the 21st of March 2017. Unfortunately on 2 June 2020, the Berlin Regional Court in Moabit upheld the landlord’s action for eviction.
The Rigaerstr.was the first alternativ road in this district. Since 5 years, it’ll be unfortunately very gentrificated… a lot of new buildings. But some punk bars and houses still resist!
As a technique I applied wash drawing (ink and water).
And the artistic tools that I used for this illustration are:
- a sketchbook Another Next® in black leither (Soft Paper, Format 22 x 16 cm – 8,6 ” x 6,3″-, 125 g/m2 – 427 lb.in2-)
- a calligraphic pen (“Pilot Parallel Pen”- 2.4 mm)
- a fineliner Staedtler® pigment liner 0.1
- a fineliner Faber-Castell® PITT artist pen black 199***
- 2 paint brushes (fine and medium) and water
- colored pencils
I was sitting front of a bakery on the asphalt of the sidewalk.
I read on the house: “Macke gibts in jeder Stadt! ALL DET BAND” “WIR SIND NICHT KÄUFLICH”
“Freiheit für Aaron und Balu”
The illustration of the Poster Rigaer Strasse Berlin is also on my blog “Traversée d’Encres”.
Here more prints A4 Laeti-Berlin.