Poster Kirschblütenweg – Berlin
represents the way of cherrytrees and the bridge of Bornholmerstr. in the district Prenzlauer Berg. I love this colorful place in springtime with graffitis on this dark bridge.
Berlin is hard & peaceful : the beauty of contrasts!
As a technique I applied wash (ink and water) drawing. And the artistic tools that I used for this illustration are:
- my sketchbook beige (textured paper, Format 23 x 15 cm – 9 “ x 5,9″-, 125 g/m2 – 427 lb.in2-)
- my calligraphic pen („Pilot Parallel Pen“- 2.4 mm)
- fineliner Staedtler® pigment liner 0.1 and 0.05 mm
- fineliner Faber-Castell® PITT artist pen black 199***
- 2 paint brushes (fine and medium) and water
- colored pencils
I was sitting in the sun on a path of cherry flowers petals. 🌸 Cherry blossom in spring time! These cherrytrees (symbol of Peace in Japan) are although planted after the cold war on the border of the Berlin Wall. This in order to remember the history and to evoke the importance of the peace. In the background you can see the „böse Brücke“ (bad bridge) with a lot of graffitis. It was exactly a checkpoint between West- and East-Berlin. After the Wall falling done, it was the first bridge to be open between East and West!
This illustration is also on my portfolio Urban Sketches.